You GUYS! I just booked our yearly summer trip and guess where we are headed? Yep, New York City!!
We had hoped to do Europe this summer, but money is a bit of an issue. So, we decided to go with our second choice, New York. I remember, very clearly, talking with Theo for hours about our shared love of New York on one of the very first dates we ever went on. We imagined what it would be like to go there, what we would all do and we promised to one day make it real. Well, that day has come!
We have a very long list of things we want to do, places we want to see etc. We’ll have to widdle it down to the most essential, absolute musts. We’ll be there for almost 5 full days. Here are some things on my list:
- Spend an afternoon in Greenwich Village – walk around, stop at a coffee shop, visit some bookstores, record stores etc.
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Times Square
- Central Park
- 30 Rock (maybe we’ll see some celebs?)
- Eat a huge slice of New York pizza
- Get a hot dog from a street vendor
- Go to a Broadway show
- Find the ‘Friends’ apartment building (I know where it is!)
- Eat breakfast at a New York diner
- Get close to the world trade center site
- Maybe go to the Today Show and stand outside in the crowd
- Go to a comedy show
- Statue of Liberty
And the list goes on.
Tell me, have you been to New York? What should we absolutely see? Where did you eat the best pizza? What’s your favourite restaurant? All suggestions are welcome!